OptimumG engineers are constantly trying to improve their game and want to help improve yours as well. Below you will find case studies and Tech Tips to help improve your vehicle dynamics knowledge. Let us know what you think by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to also check out our latest technical articles and software case studies for even more technical vehicle dynamics content.
Racecar Engineering Articles
In this section you can find OptimumG’s articles published in Racecar Magazine.
Steady State Fundamentals
- Getting to grips with your yaw moments
- Slide rules: analysing an oversteering car
- Getting more from your yaw diagrams
- The four secrets for chassis happiness
In this section will you find useful information shared from OptimumG’s engineers.
- Vehicle Data Acquisition using CAN – describes how a CAN bus operates and how it can be used to setup a data acquisition system on a vehicle.
- CAN Bus Load Calculator – is a spreadsheet that allows you to calculate the traffic load on a CAN bus
- Using the brakes – describes how data acquisition can be used to understand and improve a drivers braking technique.
- Steering vs Lateral Acceleration – describes how data from two sensors can be used to understand driver and track characteristics
Springs & Dampers
- Springs & Dampers Part 1
- Springs & Dampers Part 2
- Springs & Dampers Part 3
- Springs & Dampers Part 4
- Springs & Dampers Part 5
- Springs & Dampers Part 6