OptimumG engineers are constantly trying to improve their game and want to help improve yours as well. Below you will find case studies and Tech Tips to help improve your vehicle dynamics knowledge. Let us know what you think by emailing us at email@example.com. Be sure to also check out our latest technical articles for even more technical vehicle dynamics content.
- Vehicle Data Acquisition using CAN describes how a CAN bus operates and how it can be used to setup a data acquisition system on a vehicle.
- CAN Bus Load Calculator is a spreadsheet that allows you to calculate the traffic load on a CAN bus
- Using the brakes describes how data acquisition can be used to understand and improve a drivers braking technique.
– Steering vs Lateral Acceleration describes how data from two sensors can be used to understand driver and track characteristics
- Tire Comparison shows how to compare the force and moment characteristics of two different tires
– Steering Geometry describes how a tire model can be used to design a steering geometry (Ackerman) to maximize tire utilization
– Tire Data on Track presents how tire models can be used to find improvements in a car setup while on track
SPRINGS & DAMPERS
The series on Springs and Dampers covers how to select appropriate spring stiffness and damping rate for your car.